one for the punch.



chapter nine : i feared


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





i picked up a gun and shot,

what i feared most has now fallen
but the fear remained

the irony of it all remains
that he feared me not
and not until i pulled the trigger

he was not the monster
but i
the monster of my own creation

and now i stand shaken
as i slowly fall to the ground
and my body hits the floor

the trigger pulled
and the blood flowed
as i took my last breath

it was me that i shot
for that fear consumed me

i feared colour
i feared another
i feared the other colour.


" I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to
the starless midnight of racism and war that the
bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love
will have the final word. " Martin Luther King

" Racism is man's gravest threat to man -

the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason. " Abraham Joshua Heschel


0 Responses to “chapter nine : i feared”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


-----

-----

-----

-----

-----


obsession